Blind Dating at Happy Hour
By Shaun Kempf
Directed by Mary Beth Topf
Monday Feb. 24, 2020 at 7:00 pm
Memories 1077 Lake Dr., Port Washington, WI 53074
Auditions will consist of reading from the scripts. Light Improv.
No need to prepare anything.
Please bring any/all known conflicts.
Rehearsals are usually Monday – Thursday at 7:00 pm – 9:30 pm
This show has 7 performances and runs April 17, 18, 19 and 24, 25, 26, 2020.
(2 shows on Saturday April 25, 2020)
Blind Dating at Happy Hour is a laugh-out-loud comedy. The action of the show takes
place in Wes and Rosie's Tavern, a local establishment with an interesting collection of
clientele. It follows Corwin Landcaster, who has arrived at the tavern an hour early to
meet the woman, Miss Richmond, that he has been corresponding with online. He has
high hopes that the night will go perfectly, only to be pulled into the wild lives of the
other patrons. By the end of the evening, Corwin has a black & blue eye, a drink
stained shirt, and is torn between asking out Allie, the local bartender, or waiting for
Ms. Richmond to come through the door
Roles: 6 Men & 4 Women
Posted ages are only suggested. Please do not let this keep you from auditioning. This show has many roles for men and women of various sizes. I hope you will join us at auditions for this very funny show.
- Corwin Landcaster - 25-30 years old. He has arrived to meet his blind date that he met on the internet for the first time. He’s wearing in slacks, dress shirt sweater vest, bow-tie and a jacket with a white rose in the lapel. He has been quite content being non-social until recently.
- Allyson “Allie” Richmond - 25-30 years old. She is a regular bartender at the tavern. She knows the ins and outs. She is wearing jeans and a tight/sexy shirt. She has been burned by blind dates enough to be extra careful.
- Spencer Bowman - 20-30 years old. A local and regular at the tavern. He is always there with his brother Hudson and they are always playing competitively against one another in games. He has jeans and a flannel shirt (different color than his brother).
- Hudson Bowman - 20-30 years old. A local and regular at the tavern. He is always there with his brother Spencer and they are always playing competitively against one another in games. He has jeans and a flannel shirt (different color than his brother).
- Kurt - 40-50 years old. Another local that visits the bar. He’s there so he doesn’t have to go home, at least not right away. He is wearing slacks, dress shirt and a tie.
- Phil - 40-50 years old. A Writer down on his luck. He is married to Vicky. He is wearing pants and a collared shirt.
- Vicky - 40-50 years old. Married to Phil. She has been feeling ignored and unloved. She needs a spark in her life. She is in a simple but elegant dress.
- Sam - 19-25 years old. A young and in-experienced man. He loves his girlfriend, Candy, but might be a little afraid of commitment. He is wearing jeans and t-shirt or sweatshirt.
- Candy - 19-25 years old. Peppy young lady who is in love with Sam and sees them growing old together. She is wearing jeans and a blouse.
We are always looking for behind the scenes volunteers. Whether you have experience or just a passion for learning, we'd love to have you.
- Sound Techs
- Light Techs
- Stage/Props Managers
Are you a playwright or have a suggestion for a script we may like to read? Please contact us! We support local playwrights and love introducing our audiences to new shows.