Talk About Murder
A murder mystery comedy play
by Lee Mueller
Directed by Jim & Susan Johnson
Monday February 10, 2020 at 6:30 pm
Memories 1077 Lake Dr., Port Washington, WI 53074
Friday evening, April 3, 2020
Saturday matinee and evening, April 4
Sunday matinee, April 5
Actors must be available for ALL performances
Actors will be asked to read various sides from the script and provide a list
of schedule conflicts.
Rehearsals will be held 3 nights a week in Sheboygan until the week of
March 30th, at which point dress/tech rehearsals will be held at Memories
in Port Washington.
The Nickie and Ricky Rivers Show is broadcasting live from the road, and
it’s a bumpy ride. The D list guests include Vegas lounge singers Shecky
Scagnetti and Edie Buffet, New Age guru Celeste Ethereal, home
economist Phoebe St. Self, and gossip columnist Polly Pettegolo. Everyone
is on the show to plug their own cable TV shows, and what starts out as a
yawn fest quickly heats up when egos and personalities clash. It sounds
like every other talk show until one of the featured guests is murdered off
stage. Can this mystery be solved? Will it help the ratings? Must the show
go on? Might as well, there’s nothing else on..
- Ricky (or possibly Trixie) Rivers: Low budget small market talk show host. Plasters a smile on and gets through the show.
- Nickie Rivers: Co-host. Can appear ditzy at times but underneath is very head strong and very bright.
- Shecky Scagnetti: Failed Las Vegas lounge singer who still believes he will be discovered.
- Edie Buffet: Wife of Shecky. A little rough around the edges and road weary. Not too bright.
- Phoebe St. Self: Anti-feminist and is not afraid to force her views upon anyone. Is convinced Martha Stewart is based on her.
- Sissy "Lola" Kowalski: Phoebe's long lost twin sister. A toughly dressed babe who is a cross between a biker chick and an exotic dancer. The same actor who plays Phoebe plays Sissy.
- Celeste Ethereal: New Age Spiritualist and guru. Her mind tends to wander among the clouds.
- Polly Pettegolo: Self-centered gossip columnist with a biting wit. At least, she thinks so.
- Stagehand (Ann or Andy): Prone to get very excited and have difficulty forming a complete sentence.
- Candy Kafka: Attractive bookish girl with brains. Full-time student picking up a few dollars as Phoebe's assistant.
- Buzz Beckett: Appears to be a very by-the-book cop. Speaks just like every cop in every TV interview.
- Announcer: Voice of the show.
Other upcoming Auditions
Blind Dating at Happy Hour
By Shaun Kempf
Directed by Mary Beth Topf
Monday Feb. 17, 2020 at 7:00 pm
Tuesday Feb. 18, 2020 at 7:00 pm
Memories 1077 Lake Dr., Port Washington, WI 53074
Auditions will consist of reading from the scripts. Light Improv.
No need to prepare anything.
Please bring any/all known conflicts.
Rehearsals are usually Monday – Thursday at 7:00 pm – 9:30 pm
This show has 7 performances and runs April 17, 18, 19 and 24, 25, 26, 2020.
(2 shows on Saturday April 25, 2020)
Blind Dating at Happy Hour is a laugh-out-loud comedy. The action of the show takes
place in Wes and Rosie's Tavern, a local establishment with an interesting collection of
clientele. It follows Corwin Landcaster, who has arrived at the tavern an hour early to
meet the woman, Miss Richmond, that he has been corresponding with online. He has
high hopes that the night will go perfectly, only to be pulled into the wild lives of the
other patrons. By the end of the evening, Corwin has a black & blue eye, a drink
stained shirt, and is torn between asking out Allie, the local bartender, or waiting for
Ms. Richmond to come through the door
Roles: 6 Men & 4 Women
- Corwin Landcaster - 25-30 years old. He has arrived to meet his blind date that he met on the internet for the first time. He’s wearing in slacks, dress shirt sweater vest, bow-tie and a jacket with a white rose in the lapel. He has been quite content being non-social until recently.
- Allyson “Allie” Richmond - 25-30 years old. She is a regular bartender at the tavern. She knows the ins and outs. She is wearing jeans and a tight/sexy shirt. She has been burned by blind dates enough to be extra careful.
- Spencer Bowman - 20-30 years old. A local and regular at the tavern. He is always there with his brother Hudson and they are always playing competitively against one another in games. He has jeans and a flannel shirt (different color than his brother).
- Hudson Bowman - 20-30 years old. A local and regular at the tavern. He is always there with his brother Spencer and they are always playing competitively against one another in games. He has jeans and a flannel shirt (different color than his brother).
- Kurt - 40-50 years old. Another local that visits the bar. He’s there so he doesn’t have to go home, at least not right away. He is wearing slacks, dress shirt and a tie.
- Phil - 40-50 years old. A Writer down on his luck. He is married to Vicky. He is wearing pants and a collared shirt.
- Vicky - 40-50 years old. Married to Phil. She has been feeling ignored and unloved. She needs a spark in her life. She is in a simple but elegant dress.
- Sam - 19-25 years old. A young and in-experienced man. He loves his girlfriend, Candy, but might be a little afraid of commitment. He is wearing jeans and t-shirt or sweatshirt.
- Candy - 19-25 years old. Peppy young lady who is in love with Sam and sees them growing old together. She is wearing jeans and a blouse.
We are always looking for behind the scenes volunteers. Whether you have experience or just a passion for learning, we'd love to have you.
- Sound Techs
- Light Techs
- Stage/Props Managers
Are you a playwright or have a suggestion for a script we may like to read? Please contact us! We support local playwrights and love introducing our audiences to new shows.