To Wake the Dead
By Lee Mueller
Monday, Dec. 2, 2019 at 6:30 pm Memories 1077 Lake Dr. Port Washington, WI 53074
Directed by Jim, Susan and Ben Johnson
Auditions will consist of reading from the scripts. No need to prepare anything.
Actor must be able to learn an Irish accent. Dialect coaching will be provided
Please bring any/all known conflicts.
Rehearsals - 3 nights a week in Sheboygan until January 13th then at Memories .
Renown super naturalist mystery writer Fred Finnegan has died under unusual circumstances. His wife, literary agent, and old friends have all
gathered at his wake. Also in attendance are a faction of the Fredrick Finnegan fan club, as well as the disembodied spirit of Freddie himself!
The wake starts with Irish toasts and amusing stories about Freddie and his life, but the circumstances of Freddie's death keep coming into question.
The guest who would most appreciate answers is Fred Finnegan himself. Problem is, only the nerdy fan Clyde Barker has the gift to "hear" dead people.
Can Freddie use Clyde to find the answers he seeks? Was Fred murdered by someone at the wake? He’s dying to find out.
Actors who would like to preview the script should send a private message to the directors and provide an email address.
This show has 4 performances and runs January 17,18,19, 2020. (2 shows on Saturday Jan 18, 2020)
- Leonard (or Lenore) Elmore, literary agent for the late Fred Finnegan.
- Joyce Finnegan, wife of the late Fred Finnegan. Strong and dedicated wife who loved her husband dearly.
- Chief Wambaugh*, hard-nosed Irish ex-police chief.
- Danny Runyon, a somewhat shady wise guy. (modeled after the characters of Damon Runyon)
- Peaches Marie Crabtree, Danny's "doll."
- Agatha Fletcher, news reporter for the Associated Wire.
- Officer Francis, basically a lackey for Chief Wambaugh.
- Stephanie King, president of the Freddie Finnegan Fan Club.
- Deanna Koonz, Also a member of the fan club.
- Clyde Barker, a fan club member. Most likely a fan of Star Trek as well.
- Fred Finnegan, a ghost of his former self. A fun loving spirit who is trying to answer a major question.
- Irish Ghost at End*, and Irish spirit that helps Fred in his quest.
Other Upcoming Auditions:
We are always looking for behind the scenes volunteers. Whether you have experience or just a passion for learning, we'd love to have you.
- Sound Techs
- Light Techs
- Stage/Props Managers
Are you a playwright or have a suggestion for a script we may like to read? Please contact us! We support local playwrights and love introducing our audiences to new shows.